Friday, July 20, 2007

pray with faith.

Today I'll be writing on Luke 7:1-10, about the Roman centurion who pleaded with Jesus to save his servant, who was ill and dying.

Luke7:1-10
When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, He entered Capernaum. There a centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to Him, asking Him to come and heal his servant. When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with Him, "This man deserves to have You do this, because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue." So Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to Him: "Lord, don't trouble Yourself, for I do not deserve to have You come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, He was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following Him, He said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

How many of us really believe in the power of prayer? Even while praying, we might think, God will not do this for us, or, perhaps you've never had experienced prayer working directly in your life, and therefore you're not sure if it would work this time round. Faith has always been an issue for me, because it works when you actually believe, and of course, when it's in accordance with God's plan.

It's God's promise in the Bible, in both Matthew 17:20 and Luke 17:6, that if you would have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would be able to say to this mountain (or mulberry tree) to move and place itself in the ocean, and it would.

Looking back in my blog posts, I realized I've actually come across such issues with my faith, particularly in prayer. But it is precisely the need for prayer and believing, so that God can work in your life, which is important. You can find it here, under the post of preparation.