Wednesday, August 30, 2006

dancing with the angels.

Around the beginning of the week, I was given the word, "guidance". No matter how I look at it for the next few days, I couldn't see beyond what the word literally meant.

guid-ance
-noun
1. the act or function of guiding; leadership; direction.
2. advice or counseling, esp. that provided for students choosing a course of study or preparing for a vocation.
3. supervised care or assistance, esp. therapeutic help in the treatment of minor emotional disturbances.
4. something that guides.
5. the process by which the flight of a missile or rocket may be altered in speed and direction in response to controls situated either wholly in the projectile or partly at a base.
-thanks to dictionary.com


Then, I got a spark of an idea when I heard Hillsongs feat. Delirious - Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble. Near the end of the song, the guy was like, "This is not a youth movement, this is the church. The reason because, is this is the revival generation. A dancing generation. To dance in the river."

And then it dawned upon me, and I looked at guidance in a different light. Guiding is pretty important in dancing I suppose. I don't and can't dance, but it makes sense, I mean when two people dance. One has to lead at times I guess. After that, I kept seeing the word dance at the end of "guidance".

Doing God's will is a lot like dancing. Let me try to explain this.

When two people try to lead when dancing, it won't go right, and it won't feel right. The movement won't flow with the music. Everything becomes uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies will flow with the music. A dance would take surrender, willingness and attentiveness from one person, and gentle guidance and skill from the other. (Dancers please confirm this? Haha.)

Back to the word "guidance," G-U-I-dance." Starting to form something in your mind? What about taking the "G" as "God?" "God," "U" and "I" dance.

God, You and I dance.

It struck me to lower my humility and to become willing to trust. To trust that God is control. Trust that I would receive the guidance I need for my life.

So, dance together with God, trusting God to lead and guide you through each and every season of your life. All the way, dancers!