the two boxes.
I have in my hands two boxes
Which God gave me to hold
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black,
And all your joys in the gold."
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes
Both my joys and sorrows I store
But though the gold became heavier each day
The black was as light as before.
With curiosity, I opened the black
I wanted to find out why
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
He smiled a gentle smile at me.
"My child, they're all here with me."
I asked, "God, why give me the boxes,
Why the gold, and the black with the hole?"
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
the black is for you to let go."
Is there anything you find hard to let go in your life? Strongholds? Holding on to brokenness? Anger? Remorse? Regret? Bitterness? Unforgiveness? These are the things that should enter the black box. Holding on to so many things with only a pair of hands, you won't be able to keep your joys. Surrender it all to Jesus!
Which God gave me to hold
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black,
And all your joys in the gold."
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes
Both my joys and sorrows I store
But though the gold became heavier each day
The black was as light as before.
With curiosity, I opened the black
I wanted to find out why
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
He smiled a gentle smile at me.
"My child, they're all here with me."
I asked, "God, why give me the boxes,
Why the gold, and the black with the hole?"
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
the black is for you to let go."
Is there anything you find hard to let go in your life? Strongholds? Holding on to brokenness? Anger? Remorse? Regret? Bitterness? Unforgiveness? These are the things that should enter the black box. Holding on to so many things with only a pair of hands, you won't be able to keep your joys. Surrender it all to Jesus!

<< Home