the vineyard.
Isaiah 5:2, 4-30
I was just reading through the bible when I came across this chapter in Isaiah.
Sometime back, during cell, there was a discussion with Gosu and Daniel and some others about if there is really a freedom of choice given by God kinda thing. The discussion went along the lines of there are two paths which God lets us choose, but there is the so-called optimum path which God would like us to take. Both would more or less get us to the same place, but one is longer and tougher, and God uses that one for moulding and shaping us.
It was a pretty confusing topic, and one which shook my faith a little, but I believe that this verse has the answers to it. It says:
I was just reading through the bible when I came across this chapter in Isaiah.
Sometime back, during cell, there was a discussion with Gosu and Daniel and some others about if there is really a freedom of choice given by God kinda thing. The discussion went along the lines of there are two paths which God lets us choose, but there is the so-called optimum path which God would like us to take. Both would more or less get us to the same place, but one is longer and tougher, and God uses that one for moulding and shaping us.
It was a pretty confusing topic, and one which shook my faith a little, but I believe that this verse has the answers to it. It says:
"What more could have been done for My vineyard that I have done for it?
When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad grapes?"
When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad grapes?"
He died to set us free, gave us the biggest gift; that of salvation, and how did we pay Him back? In the verse, He had built a wall around the vineyard, a hedge of thorns to protect it, basically, done everything to protect and shield us from evil and harm. But instead of growing up to be the good grapes He desires and planned for us to be, we turn out the opposite.
My life especially has been one that God has preserved many times, so that I may be a powerful witness and testimony for Him. But the last few days I have been living it down and disgracing God. I've been highly judgemental of people around me, racist and just been bitter at everything. Anger was my only response over the last few days, and without reason.
I thank God still for the people He has placed when I was in my times of need, Wanx, Eileen, Ilena, Amelia, Julia. I hope I'm not too late for the change, and that God will give me another chance to give my best for Him.
I'm glad for all these dear ones to stop me and remind me, just before I cross the edge, before God pours out His wrath, and take His glory away from me.
My life especially has been one that God has preserved many times, so that I may be a powerful witness and testimony for Him. But the last few days I have been living it down and disgracing God. I've been highly judgemental of people around me, racist and just been bitter at everything. Anger was my only response over the last few days, and without reason.
I thank God still for the people He has placed when I was in my times of need, Wanx, Eileen, Ilena, Amelia, Julia. I hope I'm not too late for the change, and that God will give me another chance to give my best for Him.
I'm glad for all these dear ones to stop me and remind me, just before I cross the edge, before God pours out His wrath, and take His glory away from me.
"Now I will tell you what I am going to do with my vineyard:
I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed;
I will break down its wall,
and it will be trampled.
I will make it a wasteland,
neither pruned nor cultivated,
and briers and thorns will grow there.
I will command the clouds not to rain on it."
I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed;
I will break down its wall,
and it will be trampled.
I will make it a wasteland,
neither pruned nor cultivated,
and briers and thorns will grow there.
I will command the clouds not to rain on it."
Lord, take not away the blessings You have so graciously given to me. I know that to whom much is given, much will be required of him. Right now, I pray and ask that You cleanse me with Your Holy Fire, that I may become ablazed with purpose. The purpose to proclaim all my days, the glory and wonder of Your Name.

<< Home