prodigal.
Living on my own,
Thinking for myself.
Castles in the sand,
Temporary wealth.
Walls are falling down,
storms are closing in.
Tears have filled my eyes,
Here I am again.
And I've held out as long as I can.
But now I'm letting go and holding out my hand.
Daddy, here I am again.
Will You take me back tonight?
I went and made the world my friend and it left me high and dry.
I drag Your name back through the mud,
That You first found me in.
Not worthy to be called Your son.
Is this to be my end?
Daddy, here I am.
Here I am again.
Thinking for myself.
Castles in the sand,
Temporary wealth.
Walls are falling down,
storms are closing in.
Tears have filled my eyes,
Here I am again.
And I've held out as long as I can.
But now I'm letting go and holding out my hand.
Daddy, here I am again.
Will You take me back tonight?
I went and made the world my friend and it left me high and dry.
I drag Your name back through the mud,
That You first found me in.
Not worthy to be called Your son.
Is this to be my end?
Daddy, here I am.
Here I am again.

<< Home