lest I forget.
Okay, I think this post might not be too happy. Haha. But it's not sad too. I was just calculating how much I have left to save for my snare, and I realized I'm actually quite far behind in savings and I'm actually poor. Like not enough to eat (my fill) kinda thing. And there were others who had everything, life like wuper good kinda thing, got cars and all, and they're doing "better" in a worldly perspective. So just thought of this "complaint" and thought maybe I could write something on it.
And I know I'm not exactly like poor poor kinda thing, I'm pretty well-off compared to other families, but you get my point. (:
"But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They have no struggles, their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.
Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence. From their callous hearts comes iniquity; the evil conceits of their minds know no limits. They scoff and speak with malice; in their arrogance they threaten oppression. Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance. They say, 'How can God know? Does the Most High have knowledge?' This is what the wicked are like - always carefree, they increase in wealth.
Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning."
Psalms 73:2-14
Does this start looking familiar? Like something you have thought of pretty often? Like, "Why is this person doing so well? He/she is popular with everyone, rich, good in studies and sports. And he/she isn't even a Christian! He/she lives however he/she likes, and no 'retribution' befalls the person. Is it even fair?"
I feel like that often. Especially more so when I have something to save up for and others get it immediately kind of thing. But I think, let's not get deceived. The evil one can come in so many different forms, so subtle and so persuasive. He can make the grass look really green on the other side when you seem to be slugging it out in the desert.
Are God's people called to be so 'low-class'? Definitely not. Read further on in that chapter.
"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before You.
Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Those who are far from You will perish. You destroy all who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds."
Psalms 73: 21-28
The author of this psalm, Asaph, acknowledges that:
1) He was wrong to think that way. He knew his faults. (Psalm 73:21-22)
2) God's grace and mercy upon his life. (Psalm 73:23-24)
3) His helplessness without God in his life. (Psalm 73:25-26)
4) Reaffirmed his faith and made his stand for God once again, despite his circumstances and surroundings. (Psalm 73:27-28)
And I know I'm not exactly like poor poor kinda thing, I'm pretty well-off compared to other families, but you get my point. (:
"But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They have no struggles, their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.
Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence. From their callous hearts comes iniquity; the evil conceits of their minds know no limits. They scoff and speak with malice; in their arrogance they threaten oppression. Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance. They say, 'How can God know? Does the Most High have knowledge?' This is what the wicked are like - always carefree, they increase in wealth.
Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning."
Psalms 73:2-14
Does this start looking familiar? Like something you have thought of pretty often? Like, "Why is this person doing so well? He/she is popular with everyone, rich, good in studies and sports. And he/she isn't even a Christian! He/she lives however he/she likes, and no 'retribution' befalls the person. Is it even fair?"
I feel like that often. Especially more so when I have something to save up for and others get it immediately kind of thing. But I think, let's not get deceived. The evil one can come in so many different forms, so subtle and so persuasive. He can make the grass look really green on the other side when you seem to be slugging it out in the desert.
Are God's people called to be so 'low-class'? Definitely not. Read further on in that chapter.
"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before You.
Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Those who are far from You will perish. You destroy all who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds."
Psalms 73: 21-28
The author of this psalm, Asaph, acknowledges that:
1) He was wrong to think that way. He knew his faults. (Psalm 73:21-22)
2) God's grace and mercy upon his life. (Psalm 73:23-24)
3) His helplessness without God in his life. (Psalm 73:25-26)
4) Reaffirmed his faith and made his stand for God once again, despite his circumstances and surroundings. (Psalm 73:27-28)

<< Home