will we be invincible?
I see you and I'm waiting to make my move
But I'm scared, and I know that you've got better things to do
I'll touch your hand and I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
It's cliche, I know
But baby, it's the price we pay to get the things we've wanted
To get the things we've left behind
It's what you wanted, what you needed
What you've always dreamt about
Don't take another step and don't breathe another breath
Unless you're coming back to me
If I could take your heart and keep it close to me
I swear it will not break
I swear it will not bleed
And I'd believe just anything you say
If you tell me to get lost
I'd ask "How far away?"
And now it's getting late
And I can't keep my eyes open
But my heart's open for you
I'm trusting you, and I'm taking the long way home
I'm leaving, and it's not because of you
Will you just hold me tight and never let me go
I know this is hard, but baby, we're invincible.
But I'm scared, and I know that you've got better things to do
I'll touch your hand and I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
It's cliche, I know
But baby, it's the price we pay to get the things we've wanted
To get the things we've left behind
It's what you wanted, what you needed
What you've always dreamt about
Don't take another step and don't breathe another breath
Unless you're coming back to me
If I could take your heart and keep it close to me
I swear it will not break
I swear it will not bleed
And I'd believe just anything you say
If you tell me to get lost
I'd ask "How far away?"
And now it's getting late
And I can't keep my eyes open
But my heart's open for you
I'm trusting you, and I'm taking the long way home
I'm leaving, and it's not because of you
Will you just hold me tight and never let me go
I know this is hard, but baby, we're invincible.

<< Home