paranoia and fear.
To more or less set my heart at ease, I know I have always loved my family and been protective over each one of them. Even to an extent, my extended family, but more so over Mun only, since she's the one I really care for from the other side. And from my mom's side of the family, I love most of my other cousins too. And I'll go more than a mile for them if it comes to it.
Must be wondering why the sudden, random post, right? Just read an article from the newspaper as mom was browsing through. Was about this guy who in seven months, lost his entire family. His dad died in a construction accident, his brother to suicide, his sister from a fall, his mom to kidney complications. Made me think and reflect, that I should really let each of my family members know how much I really love and cherish them. I do, but I guess I've never been good at showing it. And I better learn, before it's too late. If God wills, they could be taken back home anytime. I know they'd be in a better place, but it's not gonna make living life out on your own any easier or any less bitter.
Silent gratitude has never been any use to anyone. And that article couldn't have come at a worse time, when korkor's abroad in Phuket. I miss him and all, and everytime any family member is abroad or just away from home, paranoia sets in and my mind wanders, thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen.
Most of the time I'm able to be out alone or whatever, because at the end of the day, I know I have a wonderful family to come back to. But if that were to be taken from me, where would I go? Have any of you ever thought about that? I guess not, coz we're all the same, taking our family for granted, and thinking they'd always be there. The scary thing is each year, they're older. They might get more frail. More weak. More relient on us. Do we get angry? Do we get bitter? Or do we take care of them and still love them, the way they took care of us, the way they loved us. I wanna do that. Because I love my family. And I wanna let them know I care and I love them.
Must be wondering why the sudden, random post, right? Just read an article from the newspaper as mom was browsing through. Was about this guy who in seven months, lost his entire family. His dad died in a construction accident, his brother to suicide, his sister from a fall, his mom to kidney complications. Made me think and reflect, that I should really let each of my family members know how much I really love and cherish them. I do, but I guess I've never been good at showing it. And I better learn, before it's too late. If God wills, they could be taken back home anytime. I know they'd be in a better place, but it's not gonna make living life out on your own any easier or any less bitter.
Silent gratitude has never been any use to anyone. And that article couldn't have come at a worse time, when korkor's abroad in Phuket. I miss him and all, and everytime any family member is abroad or just away from home, paranoia sets in and my mind wanders, thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen.
Most of the time I'm able to be out alone or whatever, because at the end of the day, I know I have a wonderful family to come back to. But if that were to be taken from me, where would I go? Have any of you ever thought about that? I guess not, coz we're all the same, taking our family for granted, and thinking they'd always be there. The scary thing is each year, they're older. They might get more frail. More weak. More relient on us. Do we get angry? Do we get bitter? Or do we take care of them and still love them, the way they took care of us, the way they loved us. I wanna do that. Because I love my family. And I wanna let them know I care and I love them.

<< Home